Why is it important to know likely interview questions and answers?
Preparation is one of the most important factors in acing that interview. If you can go into that interview confident that there are no interview questions and answers that they can surprise you with then you have a much better chance of impressing the interviewer. Knowing the common interview questions and answers that you could be asked gives you a head start over your competition as you can ensure that you prepare yourself in advance. Knowing the job interview question and answers enables you to give well thought out answers promptly to make yourself shine out from your competition. So what are some of the top interview questions and answers that you need to know?
Our sample interview questions and answers to help you
The following interview question and answer sections will give you some of the top questions that you may be asked and provides some simple tips that you can use to ensure that you answer the question well.
What is your greatest weakness?
The first interview question and answer is one of the most common that you are likely to be asked, there are 3 suggested ways that you could answer it to best effect.
Choose something that is not critical to the job that you are interviewing for Choose something and show how you have actually improved your weakness Turn it into a positive; such as always wanting to get work finished before a deadline.
What is your greatest strength?
The following are some suggestions as to how to answer this question:
- Research the job carefully and identify the specific skills that they are looking for; identify the most critical
- Don’t reel off a long list; concentrate on your top 2-3 strengths
- Don’t be shy; you have to sell yourself if you are going to get the job
How do you handle failure?
Failure is something that everyone will experience at some point in their career; how you react to it, however, will show the sort of person you really are:
- Choose something that you failed at; avoid anything too recent
- Explain how you have changed your behavior and approach to avoid it in the future
- Show what happened the next time you had a similar situation
Do you work well with other people?
Almost every job will require you to work with others in some form or another, they key to answering this question is understanding the sorts of interactions that would be expected of you:
- Don’t give the standard lame “Yes, I work well with others” answer; you have to explain and expand with examples
- Review the job and look at exactly how you will interact with others; motivating subordinates, meeting with clients, dealing with complaints, working in teams, etc.
- Give examples of how you have worked well in those situations
The above example interview questions and answers give you some ideas as to how to prepare for your interviews in a way that will boost your confidence as well as ensuring that you are going to impress the interviewers.